We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
The Talent Business Limited, trading as Cream (‘Cream’) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. We can be contacted on 020 7438 8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of the annual event held by Cream we collect General personal details (full name, address, date of birth, contact details etc) and details of your current and past education.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information o:
• To set you up as an entrée to the Cream Awards
• General correspondence with you
• To send emails to you in relation to the Cream Awards
• To use in marketing materials for the event
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share all of your personal details with various third parties on different occasions. These third parties include:
· Internally with other offices of The Talent Business Limited
· Members of the Judging Panel
· Our Agency partner in that particular year
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The table below states what information is collected and what this will enable us to do.
Type of Information
What this enables us to do
General personal details
Set up a contact on our database, contact you, receive your entry submission, contact you concerning the awards
To provide context to you submission and to be used in general marketing material concerning the awards
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
Length of Storage
Basic Contact details
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on your application to the Cream Awards, and our legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are direct marketing to offer new services or potential employment opportunities with Agencies we work with, to comply with any relevant laws necessary, to ensure we comply with our duties to third parties.
Consequences of our use of your personal information
Whilst it is also very unlikely and we have security measures in place, there is a small risk that if our servers are hacked then your personal information could be stolen.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email, call or write to us
• let us have enough information to identify you (eg full name, file reference number (if possible) and address (if your matter is relating to a property) ,
• let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• let us know the information to which your request relates , including any file reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing emails you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to two days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on [insert date] and last updated on [insert date].
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email or letter (whichever is appropriate).
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us , please send an email to email@example.com, write to 17 Slingsby Place London WC2E 9AB or call 020 7438 8500.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).[JH1]
[JH1]Have to keep in under the equality act.